With 2022 drawing to a close, it’s time to look back at what we have achieved this year.
Watch our Year in Review below.
If you need Alternative Text for the infographics in this video, please visit the following link: https://bit.ly/3PT55Ja
Historic Environment Forum meetings have continued to be a place for strategic collaboration and discussion on some of the important issues affecting the Heritage sector this year – we’re grateful to all members for investing the time to engage in these discussions.
In June, HEF members also met for our annual Foresight Day, where we took stock of recent sector challenges and looked ahead to priority areas for collaboration in the future. Our Foresight Day report for 2022 can be viewed here.
This year, the Historic Environment Forum also look ownership of producing the Historic Environment Overview with the support of Historic England and the National Trust, as well as input from across our membership and beyond. Revisit the 21/22 report here.
Our HEF Task Groups have also been busy this year working on both sector Resilience and Sustainability and Climate Change goals – here are a few highlights from our Task Group work:
- This summer, the Resilience Task Group launched the Heritage Sector Resilience Plan, a roadmap to support the sector become more robust in 5 key areas: Skills; Diversity & Inclusion; Climate Change; Strong Governance & Embedding Heritage in Wider Policy. The HEF team and members of HEF are now working towards a Programme of Action to support the delivery of these target actions into the new year and beyond!
- Our Sustainability & Climate Change Task Group has also made great progress this year, including running a series of webinar sessions aiming to support the sector on its path to Net Zero.
- Task Group members took part in the Speakers for Schools Heritage Panel webinar in the spring, which provided insight on Heritage climate action and career advice, reaching over 300+ 14–18-year-olds.
- In November, we launched the HEF Sustainability & Net Zero Resource Page, bringing together all the material shared during TG sessions, including:
- The HEF Net Zero Resource List
- The HEF Net Zero Guide
- Webinar Recordings
- Presentation Slides.
Our comms work has also grown this year, with an increase in social media followers across the board and some great #HeritageChats held over the year! Thank you to all followers old and new for your continued support.
We look forward to continuing our collaborative work with HEF partners into 2023 and beyond. Thank you to all HEF members for your time and support over the course of the year. Season’s Greetings!