This website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the site. It uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for the Historic Environment Forum, its funder (currently Historic England) and The Heritage Alliance.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our site. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any PII from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
You may choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically default to accept them, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on our Website.
Collection and use of personal data
Data is only used for the specific purpose you provided it to the Historic Environment Forum team.
We collect personal data as part of the following activities:
- Mailing list: We collect your name, email, organisation. This will enable the team to add you to the mailing list to be updated on the activities of the Forum. This information is not shared with third parties and you can choose to unsubscribe from the mailing list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in each mail or by emailing HEFsteering@theheritagealliance.org.uk with the words ‘unsubscribe mailing list’ in the subject line.
- Events booking: We collect data such as name, contact details, job title, organisation for the purposes of organising tailored events and reporting to our funder.
- Contribute to the Padlet board: We authorise the publication of the content on our Padlet board and you can contact us anytime at HEFsteering@theheritagealliance.org.uk if you want to delete your Padlet post. However, we advise not to disclose your personal information on our Padlet board.
We will not disclose PII we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to the extent necessary, including: To fulfil your requests, to protect ourselves from liability, to comply with the terms and conditions of our internet host provider.
Data is stored securely by The Heritage Alliance or, where stated, externally by trusted third party websites and support providers.
We take the protection of personal data seriously and we will take precautions to protect your personal data from loss, misuse or alteration.
According to the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed that your data is being processed by the Heritage Alliance according to the procedures set out in this page.
- Access to the data you have consented to us storing, and to correct inaccurate or incomplete data held by us.
- Right to object to the processing of your data or have data deleted if: you believe it is inaccurate; it is no longer needed for the purposes it was collected; the data has been unlawfully processed.
Our website service provider stores data solely in the UK.